Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Weekend Getaway

This post is a little overdue but I blame that on kids and Christmas. I can do that, right? Anyways, last weekend we were in the city for a planned getaway. Adam's sister got us a suite here


and offered to take the baby for the night. Let me just say, it. was. awesome. After we dropped Mya off at Elisa's place we left to get some shopping done and holy crappoly, I forgot how easy shopping was when you do it alone. There was no getting someone out of a car seat when you got to the store. No wrestling someone back into the car seat when it was time to leave. No stroller taking up your precious trunk space and then having to be opened everytime you get said someone out of car seat. There was no one whining to leave the store before we were ready (except me when we were in Golf Town). Can you believe that we managed to cross almost every single person off our Christmas shopping list? I know!! And to top it all off, it was unseasonably warm and sunny so me and Adam got to walk around without jackets on! It was probably the best day ever.

Next weekend (this weekend?) we're headed back to the city so we can take Mya to the parade of lights. Our town is putting on its own parade but it's being held on Thursday night and I have to work so we won't be able to go. I mean, who has a Christmas parade on a Thursday?? Weirdos. So, back in the car we go for Mya's first parade. Well, technically it's her second but she slept during the entire Canada Day parade so it doesn't really count. I hope she likes it as much as I want her to. She might still be a little young to fully grasp the concept but we have to start somewhere, right?

What else is going on in our lives at the moment? Well, the weather forecast is calling for snow this weekend so we bumped up our plan to get snow tires on the car and we have an appointment for Friday. At least we'll be prepared for whenever the snow decides to come even if it changes its mind about this weekend.

Ok, sorry for the boring post but I hadn't updated in a long time. I'll leave you with a little game:

Can you find Mya?

One of these things is not like the other...one of these things just doesn't belong...

And now a couple just for the cute factor:

0 comments: