Monday, January 24, 2011

Picture Hanging Funness! (note the sarcasm)

Last night we finally hung our picture collage that we got for Christmas. This is amazingly good for me considering more times than not, the item in question gets left until a couple years later. I went ahead and picked out all the pictures and got them printed and then frigged around trying to get them to look right because they didn't actually hold the size they said they would.

When I started putting the pictures together in the frames I noticed on that on the back of one there were instructions on how to hang them. I thought to myself, "ha, seriously? who doesn't know how to hang picture frames?" and then realized I didn't and found myself reading them intently a few minutes later. I also didn't realize how long it would take or how difficult it would be to hang several frames in such a manner so that they were all lined up with each other and that they were all spaced evenly. Having a level only helped a little but not with the nailing or the distancey part.

Anyways, they're done now and I'm glad. Because I'm never doing it again.

0 comments: