Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year Thanksgiving was held at our house and Nana and Scott came to help us celebrate. We started off the weekend by going for a hike to Cape Split. Warning: Hiking to Cape Split is NOT suitable for hiking with children. Me and Adam assumed it was only like a half hour hike because really, why would a hike exist that takes longer than half an hour? Nana assumed we knew it was a TWO HOUR hike...each way! We did not. I mean, we went equipped with the backpack to carry the bebe in, but it wasn't enough. She of course got tired of being carried around in it and she got tired in general because she had missed nap time. When we reached the end however, there was a beautiful view waiting for us. It was breath taking actually. It was impossible to take a picture and capture everything you saw, so I took a video but even that didn't do it justice.




It was like I was standing on the edge of the Earth! The next day I paid the price though. My feet didn't hurt. My legs didn't hurt. My back didn't hurt. But my hips were making my walk like an old lady. Every step hurt! I started to wonder if that's what arthritis felt like. I put some heat on it last night before bed and it helped when I woke up this morning. I'm not back to normal yet but hopefully I will be soon.


The next day was spent baking and cooking and I rocked it! I had already made the bread and apple pear pie and froze it so it just needed to thaw. That left the turkey and the pumpkin pies. I had never made a turkey before so Nana helped out but the pies were all mine. It was quite the spread in the end: mashed potatoes, roasted squash, homemade bread, homemade stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce, gravy and homemade pies for dessert. Needless to say I ate enough calories to kill a horse.

Before bird


After bird

Not bad, huh?

Thanksgiving family pic


We ended the night with some fuzzy jammies and a bedtime story

0 comments: