Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rhubarb Season

You can tell that rhubarb is in season because everyone here is selling it. We stopped at the Wolfville market this morning and picked some up along with some nice local beef and homemade bread. The bread tasted delicious with my homemade squash soup leftovers and there's hardly any left...one day that lasted us! Tonight after Mya was in bed I decided to make a little change to my strawberry rhubarb pie recipe. Instead of a top crust I thought it would be yummy to make a crumble for the top.

The only thing is, my pie recipe says to leave it in the oven for 35-40 minutes and the crumble was ready after only 25min. I didn't want it to burn so I took it out but I think the rhubarb could've handled a little more time.


It turned out yummy anyway and I don't think it'll be sticking around for long!

P.S. how awesome did I do on the crust, huh! It looks just like the ones you can buy, but I crimped it all by myself!

0 comments: