Tuesday, November 22, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. I am SO ready for Adam's movember mustache to go. Eight more days people. Eight more days...

2. We've started going to a new play group that Mya seems to really enjoy. Most of the kids there are her age and she likes the outing. Last week we (I) made sock puppets and tomorrow someone is coming to teach the kids about music so we're packing up the Sesame Street keyboard and wooden xylophone and hitting the road.

3. I took Mya to get her Christmas pictures taken this morning and I know I'm probably a little biased but they turned out great and I think she's the cutest child ever born.

4. I am almost done my Christmas shopping! Yes, that is right. With the exception of Adam and the usual Christmas baking supplies I'm done-zo! Yay!!

5. I had my first pre-natal appointment yesterday and it went well. We told the doctor our plans and she took them pretty well considering she IS a doctor is supposed to push the medical model of care. I think the long skirt, unshaved legs, hippy socks and sneakers helped us out a bit.

6. It looks like we're going to have a full house for Christmas dinner! The crowd will include my parents, Adam's parents and their significant others and Adam's sister. I can't wait! It'll be just like when I was a kid and we had everyone over and the house always feels more Christmassy with more people in it.

7. We have decided to wait until after the holidays before dealing with any sort of new baby business...it just seems easier that way.

8. I am loving my woodstove so much that the other day I was thinking about it, and if we ever buy another house, a fireplace is going to be on the must have list. I love it that much.

9. We completed our first DIY home project over the weekend. We shipped Mya off to Nana's house and we got to work laying the new floor in the play room. I had already ripped the carpet up so we just had to remove the baseboards and slap her down. It took longer than we thought it would and we were pretty sore when it was all over but we're happy with the results and we think it looks pretty good!

10. We got our cat spayed and ever since she's come back home she's been driving me nuts! The vet said she would be more hyperactive but Adam didn't ask if that was going to be a permanent change or just temporary because of the drugs they gave her but I think it's the former, sadly. Holy crazy cat batman!

0 comments: