Tuesday, December 6, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. Mya has decided what she wants to be when she grows up: Sleeping Beauty. It changes from Strawberry Shortcake to Cinderella to Minnie Mouse but it always goes back to Sleeping Beauty.

2. Our tree is up, the lights are on the outside of the house, the inside is decorated. I think we might be ready for Christmas with the exception of the last few stocking stuffers I need to get. Bring on Christmas!

3. Mya's Christmas pictures came in yesterday and holy cute! You'll have to wait till you get yours in the mail to see it!

4. I think I've got my Christmas baking under control. My freezer has a pumpkin pie, apple pie, pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies all in it. I just need to whip up some peanut butter balls and for my Christmas dessert this year I've decided to make this: http://www.handletheheat.com/2011/05/frozen-mocha-pie.html

5. On a non Christmas note: Mya has been waking up lately with either a dry diaper or with a dry diaper and yelling "pee pee pee!" Maybe my goal to have her completely out of diapers by March isn't that far off...hm!

6. Coffee with french vanilla whitener is my new favorite thing. Don't judge me.

7. I don't think I was cut out to have little girls. I can't take any more "baby cinderella needs to be buckled up too", "baby cinderella wants a banana too", "baby cinderella wants to wear underwear/socks/her jacket too". I know I did it too as a child and my mother probably had it worse because me and my little sister were only a year apart. I don't know how she did it. I had to get clever the other day when the "baby cinderella wants a banana too" incident came up. The child was literally in tears when I told her I wasn't giving the last banana to a plastic doll. After realizing that I was getting nowhere by trying to reason that wasting food was not an option, I had to tell her that baby cinderella was just a baby and that she was too little to eat bananas and she could only drink milk. That satisfied her. I won. I felt victorious.

8. I'm 27 weeks pregnant now and I think that for being almost 7 months I look alright. I feel comfortable, sleeping is still wonderful and right now, I think I could do it if I was required to be pregnant for another year. Why couldn't my first pregnancy be like this?

9. Today is Adam's birthday. He's a ripe old 28! We had his birthday celebration on the weekend because his birthday happened to fall on a Tuesday this year. Poor guy had to go to work on his birthday but he was sure to arrange all of his work yesterday so he wouldn't actually have to do anything today. Smart or lazy?

10. My Christmas cards are all ready to go...I just need to pop a picture in each one and then shove 'em in the mailbox. I feel so on the ball this year! If only every year could be like this!

0 comments: