Friday, October 2, 2009

I need a break!

Sunday can't come soon enough! I'm planning a trip to Halifax all by myself on Sunday. That means, no baby, no husband. I'm going to hang out with Suzanne and spend the day doing things that I like to do without arguing with someone over where to eat, or how late we're running or listening to someone cry because they're tired of sitting in the back seat. I realized today that I haven't had an official break from the baby since she's been born. Well actually, since I found out I was pregnant (cause for 9 months I was with her everyday as well). I've had the small recess here and there for maybe an hour each time, but never a real break. I think I'm overdue! I think it's necessary for me to be a better mommy and for me to retain my sanity. She'll be spending the day with her dad and neither he nor she has ever had to endure a whole day alone with each other. It should be interesting...too bad I won't be here to see it! Haha! Don't get me wrong, I love my kid to death and I would jump in front of an oncoming train for her but sometimes her cries are like nails on a chalkboard. I feel bad just saying that but I know I can't be the only mom out there who thinks/feels this way. Perhaps I'm one just brave enough to say it.

So, come on Sunday! Only two more sleeps!

0 comments: