Sunday, April 25, 2010

Food Inc.

Tonight I had the pleasure of watching Food Inc. on the CBC website. It's a documentary showing you how our eating has changed in the last 50 years and where the food we eat comes from. It was shocking to say the least! I always thought I was smart about the food choices I made but I'm starting to realize that is not the case. That's partly because of the way we, the consumer, are lied to and we can't be expected to make smart decisions when we don't have all the information...until now. It's sad that the big companies control so much of the meat and other food we eat (because they only care about money, they don't care about the quality of the food people are eating!) but they only control so much. It's ultimately up to us, the people who buy this food, to change the way the system works. Everytime a product is scanned, you're basically voting for which food you prefer, which food you would rather eat and if enough of the good stuff is voted for, then the major companies will have to conform.

Anyways, I'll stop babbling and just give you the link so you can go enjoy it for yourself!

0 comments: