Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake

A friend of mine gave me a recipe for Hot Fudge Sundae Cake that she got from one of her mom's old Betty Crocker cookbooks. Unfortunately, the cookbook is no longer able to be purchased in stores, but fortunately for me, that doesn't matter because I already have the recipe!


Just in case my picture of the cake in our crappy pan appeals to you, I will give you the recipe:

1 cup flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp veg. oil
1 tsp vanilla

1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cups hot tap water

Mix first 5 ingredients into greased (or non stick) 9x9 pan. Then mix milk, oil, and vanilla into mixture until smooth. Spread evenly through pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of mixture, then sprinkle cocoa on top of brown sugar. Pour in water all over. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

I mixed it all up in a bowl first cause I hate mixing things in the pan they're supposed to bake in...it's a weird thing I have.


As it cooks, the cake becomes cakey on top and underneath this chocolatey sauce is created. It was so yummy! If you're smart (smarter than me) you'll make it right before supper so it'll still be warm when you eat it. I made it earlier in the day so I had to nuke it in the microwave. We had it for dessert yesterday after supper...and because I made it with special milk, Mya was able to have a taste too. I think it's safe to say my child will be following in my footsteps and be a chocoholic like myself.

She was quite fond of it and cried when it was all gone. Little does she know, there's more in the pan for dessert tonight...that is, if I don't eat it all before then!

0 comments: