Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lemon Yogurt Loaf

So, awhile back we bought a box of cheerios and noticed that inside there was a code that you could enter online and receive a few free issues of a magazine of your choice. Out of the ones to choose from there were only two that seemed appealing to me and I was torn between getting the one that I would've picked in my youth (Elle) and the one that I would likely prefer now (but had trouble coming to grips with-Canadian Living). I ended up picking Elle. I barely opened it when it came. We ended up buying another box of cheerios (because we go through those things like candy in this house) and decided to get Canadian Living the second time around. I have literally read it from cover to cover. I guess we know which category I fit in now! There was a recipe in there that I thought sounded and looked good so I gave it a try tonight.

I would also like to point out that I managed to pick THE perfect lemon when I was at the grocery store today. The zest from the entire lemon was just the right amount and when I cut it in half to use the juice for the glaze, it was exactly 1/3 cup right down to the last drop. I know! I love it when everything works out perfect. It literally makes my day. And, while I had the hand juicer out I thought I would squeeze some OJ since we were swimming in oranges (BOGO at Sobeys!). Hand squeezed orange juice just tastes sooo much better than the stuff you buy at the store...even if they claim it's hand squeezed. In keeping with the breakfast theme, we had banana pancakes for supper. It was a fruity meal.
Not that this is related but I thought I'd just share some pics from tonight/the last couple days. So, you may have heard that NS was going through a bit of a heat wave a couple weeks ago and during this time my sweet 18 month old couldn't bear to part with her fuzzy pink hat. I tried reasoning with her (which was useless) and she also just HAD to wear this dress. Note the shiny sweat on her face.


I was able to convince her to kick the dress one day, but I didn't manage to get rid of the hat. She was playing next door at Lloyd and Sheila's with Jack the dog.

This was the day we discovered her hair was long enough to go in a ponytail! I was such a happy mama!


I was cleaning out her closet and going through a bunch of clothes and came across this outfit that she got at Christmas time. It almost doesn't fit her now because I waited so long to pull it out. That happens a lot with her clothes. If someone gives Mya something and she won't fit in it for awhile I think to myself, "man, that looks huge! That's not going to fit her for a looonnngg time!" and then it gets pushed to the back of the closet and my brain keeps thinking it's huge because it doesn't account for her getting bigger as well. Anyways, she seems to be happy wearing it.

So, one of Mya's favorite things of all time is helping to unpack the grocery bags when we get back from the grocery store. Well, the other day we made a poorly timed trip there and it was lunchtime. Although we had packed a snack to try and make up for our crappy timing, my girl was clearly hungry. Sobeys had a "pack as many bagels as you can into a paper bag and get them all for $2.99" deal so when unpacking, our bagels were a little free instead of being locked up in a plastic bag. All of a sudden my little helper had disappeared and I didn't know where she went. I looked over to the living room and saw this:


She had decided that her hunger for food had overpowered her hunger for unpacking groceries. Between her and Adam that bagel was annihilated.

Ok, sorry if this post sucked. I wrote it while watching AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos for those of you non fans). It is probably one of the best shows on television. They've been around since like, 1988. I was five. That's how you know something rocks. It can stand the test of time.

Alright, back to the grind tomorrow!

0 comments: