Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sleepless Nights

Why is it that everytime I get away and get the chance to have a nice relaxing sleep in, I'm awake at an ungodly hour? It's because I had a kid.

I understood that having kids was going to change my sleep and that I would get used to waking up at 7am, but I'm sitting in a hotel room in the dark while Adam sleeps because I woke up at 6:10am and couldn't get back to sleep. Happens every fucking time. Adam doesn't have this problem. Oh to be a man! It happens at home too but at least there I'm in my own bed and I know that within a half hour I'm going to hear "out! out mommy...out!" over the monitor so it doesn't seem so early/wasted/stupid.

We dropped Mya off at Nana's house yesterday for a little sleep over while me and the hubs took off to Bathurst for a wedding. I love weddings and it's about time someone got married! This is the first wedding we've been to since our own 4 years ago. I love the dressing up, the excitement, seeing everyone with their hair done, the food, the dancing. It's all good. I think this weekend will turn out even though I got very little sleep, our hotel (ok, who are we kidding...motel) room smells like cat food, our bathroom has a heater that can't be turned off, I can't drink at the reception and I'm missing my little girl. It's nice to get away but it's nice to go home too.

Ok, it's 7:08am now and I'm tempted to wake up Adam so we can get our breakfast on. I hope Mya's having a good time at Nana's house!

0 comments: