Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. Yesterday was my birthday and I had honestly forgotten about it until I logged into facebook and it reminded me. Thank god for facebook, huh? I'm 28 now. I don't feel 28.

2. We went to the farm on Sunday and got some apples and pumpkins. The people at the farm said they were the first pumpkins of the season! So yesterday I made some nice homemade pumpkin puree. Go me.


3. I'm addicted to my clothesline! I can't help it but since we've moved into this house we've had such nice weather that I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've had to use the dryer.

4. This weekend I'm going to make apple pies! Yay! With fresh apples right off the trees!

5. This week has been junk week here in our community and people have been leaving their trash out at the curb for others to pick through before the garbage man comes and takes it away. Well, yesterday we scored a computer chair and an artificial christmas tree! No joke! I think it's just a little tree and we were supposed to put it together last night to make sure there were no missing pieces, but I was too tired when I got home from work.

6. Thanksgiving is coming up and that means turkey! I love big turkey dinners...mmm. And homemade pumpkin pies, and I make a mean pumpkin pie!!

7. I'm worried my child is becoming a tv addict. We have a strawberry shortcake dvd of 2 retro episodes that I used to watch when I was a kid and she has watched that over and over and over again. It's become even more popular than going outside and for her, that's saying something. And I know what you're saying, "so, just don't let her watch it then" but it comes in SO handy when I'm busy doing other things like making supper, cleaning the house, getting a shower, etc. So, now what?

8. We're planning a tickle trunk for Mya for Christmas and so far we have a tiara, fairy wings, a fairy wand, a couple boas, a tutu, some princess dresses and my mom is getting her some dress up princess shoes to go with it. I think it'll be a hit!

9. I've been feeling sick lately and since there isn't a whole lot I can take, I've been gargling with salt water morning and night and I've been drinking hot water with lemon and honey and I think I'm finally starting to get better! Yayy!!! I hate feeling sick!

10. Yesterday I made these ( http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/3MizHn/www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Pumpkin-Cheesecake-Muffins/) with my fresh pumpkin puree and I was hoping they would be as tasty as their picture makes them look. I was disappointed. They don't taste gross by any means but they just weren't what I was looking for, I guess. Even Mya turned them down after taking one bite "not good mommy, not good". At least Adam likes them!

0 comments: