Thursday, October 4, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and as usual, I am not ready. At the present moment in time, I have the baby strapped to my chest with tonight's supper half started in the crockpot and pumpkins roasting in the oven for puree.The other day Mya asked me "what is Thanksgiving?" and I explained that it's a holiday where we get together with friends and family and we cook a turkey and think about all the things we're thankful for. I told her I was thankful for my wonderful family and that I have 2 healthy children (she promptly reminded me that she was not healthy, she was sick and then I had to try to sidestep explaining what I meant). She then told me what she was thankful for: "I'm thankful for my toys, and that I have a brother aaaannndd.....umm....Pepper!" Yep. Pepper made the list. Annoying, hairy, stupid Pepper. Oh well. Mya must think she's some level of awesome.

So anyways, this year my list of things I'm thankful for is definitely not short. I'm thankful for everyone in my life and everything we have. My list may not include toys or Pepper but I think she gets the idea and that's what matters.


0 comments: