Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolutions

Last year I made a New Year's resolution to try and stop comparing myself to others. I don't know if I succeeded or not but me and Adam were talking about it last night and we decided that we had in fact gotten better at it. We might not have stopped doing it completely but it's a start, no? It isn't healthy to constantly feel like the grass is greener on the other side. We (and probably most people) need to start being happy with what we have. It's like they say, "people spend money they don't have to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like." Enough said.

This year I'm going to try not caring what other people think so much. This one is hard especially when you're not just considering people you don't see often (ie. other preschool moms) but factoring in people you see and talk to all the time (ie. family and friends). Because yes, when family and friends lend their thoughts and opinions on things, it's hard not to feel judged sometimes even though it is all well intended. SO, I'm going to try and keep reminding myself that it doesn't matter what other people think and that as long as me and my family are happy then that's all that matters!

Wish me luck!


0 comments: