Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Three years

On this day three years ago I was frantically getting ready to walk down the aisle. I had barely slept the night before because I had butterflies in my stomach. It had been pouring rain all morning and I was worried we wouldn't be able to take pictures outside (and we had no back up plan). We were already rushed getting to the hairdressers and after we got there I realized I had left my hair piece back in my parent's hotel room 20-30min away. My maid of honor lent me her car and I sped back to the hotel to get my forgotten items while it was still raining and it was only a couple hours until the wedding. Once we got back to the hotel it was a flurry of activity; getting everyone dressed (including the ring bearers), writing a cheque for the JP while getting my dress laced up, getting make up done, making sure the flowers arrived on time. And once it was time to go, we headed out making sure Adam didn't see me. When I heard our wedding music my heart started pounding and I got those butterflies in my stomach again (I was butterfly free all day because I was too busy to feel them!). After everyone walked down the aisle and me and my dad were left waiting for our cue he turned to me and asked "so, is this what you wanted?" and I couldn't help the huge smile that came across my face because yes, that day was exactly what I wanted. It was the perfect day despite all the snags that happened earlier; the rain stopped just in time for the ceremony and the sun came out shining, everything arrived on time and even though I had forgotten my hair piece and had to rush back to get it, I still got back to the hairdressers in time to get everything done. Those are all memories now and I love looking back through our pictures and reliving that day because it was such an awesome day. Three years have gone by and it seems like I've just blinked and it's passed.

Here's to the many years yet to come!


0 comments: