Monday, March 28, 2011

Baby Bears

Last week we were invited by friends of ours to go to the library for some sort of children's activity time. There was coloring, reading, and a craft. Sounds like fun, right? Well, sort of. Every other kid there (all Mya's age) understood the concept of structured activities. First we color, then we move over to the reading area and grab a mat to sit on, we listen to the stories, then we move back to the table for craft time. She had her own agenda that day and it didn't really consist of the above mentioned items. Well, it did...I guess...just not in that order. I'm telling myself that it was because she was the only non-daycared child there and she therefore wasn't used to structured activities. At home it's color until I don't feel like it anymore, have a snack, get naked, pick out something to wear, help mom sweep the floor, maybe go for a walk, watch Ellen...all at a leisurely "I-do-what-I-want-when-I want" pace. I don't know if the lady in charge of children time liked us very much but I don't think I have a choice but to keep going back to get Mya used to it.
The craft the kids made that day were bear masks and then they got to read "We're Going On a Bear Hunt" while they all wore their creations. They all looked like a bunch of cute little baby bears!
Wanna see my baby bear?


Cute, eh? I know.

0 comments: