Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Library Trip: Success!

So, this week we decided to venture to the library again despite last weeks "adventure". Our friends couldn't come this time so we went alone but it was still fun. We got ourselves a library card and took out some Franklin books and a Berenstein Bears book. Mya still wasn't keen on sitting with the other children to listen to the story being read but she was much better behaved than last week and was really good while we sat quietly and read our own stories. She even took part in the craft without me trying to get her to engage. This week we made an owl!

She colored it and stuck the eyes on all by herself and I helped with the gluing. Pretty cute owl, if I do say so myself. The best part of our trip to the library was this: Mya used the bathroom at the library without her potty seat! I was so proud of her! Before we left I explained that she was wearing underwear and she couldn't pee in them, so if she had to go to let me know and we would go to the bathroom there. We just recently put the potty seat on top of the toilet to start getting her used to using the big toilet and she has yet to use the toilet as is. So, when she said she had to go, off to the bathroom we went. Mind you, the pants and underwear (and therefore, shoes!) had to come completely off, but it was still a success and she got lots of kisses afterwards.

Oh, and I also ran into a woman I met one day at work. She was at the library with her son and it was nice to see her again. We got to talking the day I met her and she was wearing a pin that said "ask me about midwifery" so I did (because I'm interested in midwifery and can't seem to find anyone else who is) and I found out about this group she's a part of (Valley Families for Midwifery) and I'm slowly starting to get involved with them also. It was nice to touch base with her again. If anyone's in the Valley and interested in midwifery, there will be an information night at the Kentville Library on Wednesday, April 13th from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Everyone is welcome to come and learn about our current situation.

Then it was back home we went and had lunch, read one of our new stories and had a nap.

I think it was a pretty good day!

0 comments: