Thursday, May 12, 2011

Breathe Right, Adam Style

Yesterday morning I woke up very stuffed up. I wasn't sneezy, I wasn't itchy so I ruled out allergies. I didn't have a cough or a sore throat so I ruled out a cold. I don't know what my problem was but my neti pot only partially worked, twice. By evening it still wasn't better but I had figured out at work that if I held my nostrils open I could breathe better (I know, I'm odd. I'm ok with it.). So, even if I couldn't make my sinuses less stuffed up at least I could breathe as long as I was able to keep the ol' nostrils open. I never really understood how breathe right nose strips worked besides the obvious. How can they hold your nostrils open from the outside?? Anyways, by the time I got home from work everything was closed and I wasn't heading out to track down some breathe right strips so Adam got to work crafting one for me from stuff around the house so I could sleep last night.

Please ignore the tired looking, naked faced girl in the picture. I just got home from work, it was late, I was tired and I had just washed my make up off.


I know I look like the biggest moron out there but know what? It worked! It honestly worked. And plus, I was only going to sleep so no one was going to see my anyways. He took a little piece of hard plastic from the framing of these plastic utensils Mya got with her play food for her birthday and bent it slightly and then popped some duct tape over it. Voila. Homemade breathe right nose strips.

0 comments: