Sunday, May 1, 2011

Green Smoothies

For awhile now I've been making smoothies with frozen fruit and yogurt and banana. Me and Mya share one and she likes them and they're good for her/us, so it's win win. But recently it seems like everyone's been drinking these "green smoothies" and I have to say, they look gross. I only found out a couple days ago what was in these green smoothies and really, it's all the same stuff I already put in with just some fresh spinach added. How bad could it be? They say you can't even taste the spinach because of all the other stuff. So, today I gave it a shot.

Note that my smoothie is far from green. I think I might've screwed up? But I can't figure out how...I put a ton of spinach in it, and then when I noticed it wasn't even green I added more. I also put some honey, yogurt, Mya milk, a whole banana, some frozen berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries). This is how it turned out. It tasted good and I felt good knowing I was getting even more healthiness than I usually get in my smoothies but I still wanted it to be green.

If you look close you can see little green bits floating around...yum! Not a bad way to use up any leftover spinach you might have since you can't even taste it...!

0 comments: