Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Broken Back

So a week ago on Monday I threw out my back, or as my physiotherapist friend says, I sprained my SI joint. It all happened when I leaned over where I was sitting on the couch and tried to pick Mya up off the floor. Bad idea. It was followed with immediate pain and suffering. I spent most of that week looking like this:

Combine laying on my doggy bed, getting physio 3 times, not working that whole week and having Adam basically do everything for me (I couldn't even get into the shower alone folks), I think I'm finally on the road to recovery. Today was my first day back to our old routine and that meant being a full time mommy while Adam was at work. It didn't totally suck but only because my child is now old enough to walk and understand what I'm saying so I totally made her help me with things. She's a good helper...when she wants to be. When I wasn't on the floor, my time was precious and had to be spent doing other things like showering and eating and then it was back to the floor! So, basically, that's my excuse for not having updated in awhile. Sorry!

To make up for it, I'm willing to share some cute pics. Good deal? I think so.

I think it's cute that she'll grab a couch cushion and sit on top of it like she's a princess or something, especially when she's doing something as princessy as watching tv.


Showing off her beautiful dollar store necklace


Blowing bubbles with dad


Showing off her trike skills in the driveway


That's all for tonight folks! I'm headed to bed!

0 comments: