Tuesday, January 24, 2012

10 on Tuesday

1. I've been thinking lately of getting Mya registered for preschool this fall. She'll be 3 1/2 by then but right now she's still only 2. It makes me scared/sad to think that in such a short time she'll go from 2-3 1/2! However, I do think she'll be ready for preschool come fall. She already talks about wanting to go to school and developmentally she's good to go. I think it would do her good to have some interaction with other children in a structured environment. Now, if only I had come to this realization before now...lets hope they aren't already all booked up!

2. I cannot have a child and a cat. At least not the cat we currently have. She. Is. So. Needy! This is the cat I'm talking about, not the kid. It's like having 2 children and soon I really WILL have 2 children and this kitty is going to have to realize she's going to take another notch down on the totem pole. She follows me around constantly just meowing because she wants attention, as if I have nothing better to do in my day than sit on my butt and pet the cat.

3. The other day it was -8 and felt like -14 degrees with the windchill. Mya asked to go for a walk to the playground and not wanting to feel like a crap mom, I said yes. So we bundled up and I told her that we would only be able to stay for a little bit because it was so cold out. When it got to the point I thought my fingers might fall off, we turned around and came home. Her cheeks tell how cold it was.


It looks painful to me actually.

4. I'm really, really, really wanting it to be baby time already! I'm getting to the point where I just want to meet this baby already.

5. It is one month from today that my maternity leave starts...let the countdown begin!

6. We've started talking about things we'd like to do for Mya's birthday. I think I have a better grasp of birthday planning this year versus last year where she is a little bit older and I'm able to plan things for her and her invitees to do. Now, we just need to find some kids. Come on play group kids!

7. Sometimes Mya likes to have "picnics" on the living room floor. On Sunday, it was Adam's turn to be invited to the picnic.

8. This morning while it was still too early to be awake, I was lying there thinking about how nice it'll be once the weather warms up and how I'll be able to let the baby crawl around the grass out front now that we have a real lawn. Then I started thinking about the baby crawling around the grass while Mya played and that led to me thinking about what I would be doing and I saw me actually doing some gardening (cause you know, I'll have so much time on my hands with 2 kids while on mat leave). Then it dawned on me: this is the year to start my vegetable garden! Now, I just need to find someone to teach me how. Hmm...

9. Tomorrow we're getting a tour of one of the local radio stations. I think it's going to be pretty neat but I don't know how much Mya will get. Either way, maybe I'll remember the camera and there will be pictures!

10. Last night I left work feeling very happy and content. It had been a good day and work went well. I chop that up to the coffee I had in my hand when I walked in there. It had been a long time since I had a cup, don't judge.

0 comments: