Friday, January 6, 2012

Potty Idea

So, it's starting to become the norm for Mya to wake up sometime around 6ish and declare "pee, pee, pee!" which means she has to pee and one of us has to get out of bed to accompany her to the toilet. Thankfully (and I mean this), the hubs gets up with her every time so I can stay in bed. I do, however, still wake up every time. On one hand it's good that she's getting the hang of this staying dry thing at night and saving her pee for morning, but on the other, we could both use an extra hour of sleep in the mornings. It's starting to catch up with us especially with me working the shift I work because that means we often don't get to sleep till midnight or shortly after and that means sometimes we're only getting 5-6 hours of sleep and it's starting to catch up with us.

Soooo....this morning I said to Adam, "I'm considering taking her potty and setting it up in her room and teaching her to just go there if she needs to pee." She can already go by herself sometimes but 9 times out of 10 she "needs" assistance which is probably just habit. Adam thought this suggestion was funny. "It's like putting a pee pot in her room!" and I said, "yeah, it's called a chamber pot. They used to do it in the olden days so why can't we do it now?" I think it was a brilliant idea. Thoughts?

0 comments: