Tuesday, February 14, 2012

10 on Tuesday

1. Confession time: I don't know how other moms do it. I feel like as soon as I'm home alone with Mya I can't get anything else done. When I'm here alone (which is never) I can get laundry done, cooking, cleaning, you name it! Or when Adam is home, I tend to go into "get it done" mode too because I know he's there to tend to all of her wants and needs, but during the week when it's just the 2 of us, everything feels like a mountain to climb. I have no desire to do any of the "kid things" other moms do with their kids. I do not want to go outside and play. I do not want to have a dance party in the living room. I do not want to go to the park. I do not want to play pretend. It feels like I'm babysitting and not getting paid for it. Am I the only one who feels this way?

2. We have an appt. this weekend to go visit one of the local preschools to see what we think of it and if we all like it then I think we'll have a winner for this fall! I'm excited for her!

3. Only 9 more days to go!

4. A patient at work called me sexy the other day. I don't know what's worse: having people comment on my size and make me feel like crap or having men call me sexy. Both leave me feeling odd in the end.

5. My sister was admitted to the hospital the other night for pneumonia. She's been sick for about a week and wasn't able to kick it so she went to the hospital and they set her up for the night. I hope she's feeling better soon!

6. Our craft today was a necklace made out of string and cut up straws. We tried macaroni but personally, I think macaroni is overrated. Or else I just buy crappy macaroni. We couldn't get the string through and it made for a frustrated mama. Straws it was!

7. Mya made a Valentine's Day card for Adam yesterday. Quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. It's one of those cute things that you know you'll hold onto for years and then whip it out when they're older to show them how cute they were.

8. I really wish mat leave wasn't synonymous with being poor cause we could really use a second car but from what I hear, they still require gas, insurance and maintenance just like a first car! Looks like no second car in our near future!

9. We've been saving our air miles like mad in the hopes that by this summer we'll have enough to take a trip out west to visit my dad and sister. Even if we were only able to save enough for one person's round trip then maybe we'd be able to score a seat sale for the other 2 tickets cause baby would fly free!

10. I got "The Complete Canadian Living Baking Book" for Christmas and in it is THE best chocolate chip cookie recipe. My friend Sarah makes the best chocolate chip cookies (and I could probably eat 5 at a time) and although these aren't the same, they are just as good. I've finally found one. It's been a long time for me looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I don't know why but I just can't do cookies. That is, until now.

0 comments: