Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Birthday planning

So, I've had to start planning my kid's first birthday party. Have I ever had to plan a birthday party? No. Have I ever had to plan a first birthday party? Heck no. I started worrying that there wouldn't be a lot of kids there, (considering this whole thing is for a kid) and then someone told me that kids' first birthday parties are for the grown ups anyway. That made me feel a bit better and it's kind of true since she won't remember it and she doesn't know it's her birthday anyway. I'm going to take it upon myself to try and make a pull apart cake, or cupcake cake (as I like to call it)! I thought it would be a nice, personal touch to make the cake myself...even if it does end up looking like Mya made it herself. I'll be sure to post a picture of the finished product so you can see! The other day I mentioned to Adam that we should probably buy her a birthday present as well...cause y'know...I think that's what you're supposed to do but I have no freaking clue what you're supposed to get a 1 year old for her birthday. I had this dilemma last year when we were invited to someone else's first birthday and we settled on a cute pair of pajamas and a bath toy. I thought that was a good birthday gift...but as the parents I think you're expected to step it up a notch. Any ideas?!

0 comments: