Sunday, January 10, 2010

PostSecret Lover

That's me!

Frank Warren started the post secret project back in 2004 when he printed 3000 self addressed stamped postcards and invited people to mail in a personal secret anonymously. He would leave them in public places and hand them out to strangers in the hopes of seeing some of them come back. Out of the 3000 he printed, about 100 of them found their way to his mailbox and to this day he's still receiving secrets from around the world. He started compiling them into books and there are 4 books out now.

I was lucky enough to receive 2 of them for christmas!

Frank Warren does event tours and speaks at university campuses and this year he'll be making a stop at Dalhousie!! It's the only stop he's making in Canada and I just so happen to be lucky enough to live nearby so that I can go! For anyone else who thinks they might be interested, it's on Jan. 20th from 8-10pm at the Rebecca Cohn Auditorium and tickets can be bought at the box office. Suzanne and I are gonna have a date night and I can't wait! I'm so excited!

Check out www.postsecret.com to see some of the secrets that have been sent in. It's updated every week with new secrets.

0 comments: