Sunday, January 24, 2010

Clinique

Ok, so I am one of the many Canadian women who suffer from bad skin. I'm not afraid to admit it. I am afraid, however, to appear in photos because of it. I have tried all kinds of remedies and cleansers but none of them seemed to work. I even contemplated getting some ProActive everytime I saw a commercial for it but then decided against it. I thought one day that it might be worth it to invest in some clinique. After all, everyone I know who uses it raves about it and it's not some drugstore brand of cleanser so it must work right? Wrong. Back in October I went to the store planning to buy some new clinique make-up thinking that it was my make-up that was making me break out since it was the only thing I hadn't tried changing. The woman behind the counter convinced me that it wasn't my make-up, that I was just using the wrong "cleansing system". Ok.

She almost fainted when she heard that I didn't use a "second step" in my cleansing routine (ie. the toner) and assured me that it was necessary to include that step if I wanted better skin. She had an answer for every question and a reason to back up her brand for every skepticism I dealt her. I ended up walking out of the store with zero make-up but a new cleanser, a toner, and "a dramatically different moisturizing lotion" (that is actually what it's called!). I was instructed to only use the moisturizer where I needed it (ie. my cheeks) and not on my t-zone (ie. forehead, nose and chin). Do you want to take a guess as to whether or not this new system worked???

It did not. Surprise surprise.

I should've saved my receipts and taken that woman up on her offer for me to bring it all back if it didn't work. My skin was so dry and itchy where I wasn't allowed to moisturize and as a result I was breaking out more! Stupid clinique lady.

I decided to take things into my own hands and have biffed the "dramatically different lotion" (pfff!) and started using an oil free moisturizer all over. Result? Much better skin!

Conclusion: Clinique=not so bad if used in the right combination, clinique lady=moron.

Does anyone else seem to suffer with bad skin that you were hoping you had left behind in your teens? Does Clinique work for you?

0 comments: