Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ask Me About Midwifery

So, I went to my information session last night and really didn't learn anything that I didn't already know. I think it was more designed to teach people about midwifery and what a midwife was for those who didn't know much about it. I'm fully aware of what a midwife is and the services they provide, that's why I want one. I was more interested to learn our position in the process of bringing midwifery back to Nova Scotia. They didn't really touch on that too much, but that's ok cause I got this nifty button.


I'm still glad I went and showed my support even if it wasn't overly informative for me. I assume, based on the amount of brown corduroy and dreadlocks I saw there, that it probably wasn't very informative for most people there, but there were some that I think were new to the midwifery concept. Anyways, I hope wearing my button around town will get people to approach me on the subject! I'm actually kind of excited about that...!

0 comments: